What, Where & When
We are pleased to announce we are holding our 12th convention under the name ASYLUM. A convention for fans with Guest Talks, Photo and Autograph session, Evening Entertainment and lots of fun! It takes place on the weekend of 16th May to 18th May 2014 and we are returning to the fantastic Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel adjacent to the NEC Complex in Birmingham.
Buy Tickets (SOLD OUT)
Admission to our convention is by purchase of a ticket/package. Our Emerald Ticket Packages have now sold out. £108 for Adults (17+) and £75 for Children aged 16 or under at the time of the event. Children under 5 come free (Autographs not included). If you buy a ticket you agree to all the terms and conditions. By buying this ticket/package it entitles you to the following inclusive events:
- Guest Interviews & Panels
- 1 Free In Person Autograph from all regular attending guests
- Access to the Vendors Room if available at the event
- Fancy Dress Themed Discos on Friday and Saturday nights
- A Souvenir Booklet, lanyard and Convention Badge!
Please note all guests appear subject to professional work commitments and as such please remember you are booking for the Convention and not one or more guests, therefore as per our Terms and Conditions refunds will not be given if a guest pulls out. Click each head shot for a mini bio and a link to the actors IMDB page or Wiki page for further information.
Book A Hotel Room
Our Venue is the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel situated on the National Exhibition Centre complex.
- Address: National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, B40 1PP
- Telephone: 44 (0) 121 780 4242
- Fax: 44 (0) 121 782 0387
- Airport Guide
- PDF Convention Room Layout (NEW Layout – Rooms subject to change)
To book a room at the Promotional rate for Asylum 12:
- Click here to open the booking page on the Hilton website. Then select Book a Room.
- Choose your dates you wish to stay using the top drop down boxes. If the rate code is not shown enter the Group Code ‘GFSASY’. Select the number of rooms and guests and press Continue.
- Rooms should now come up with a discount rate just follow the on-screen instructions. A block of rooms have been reserved for attendees. If no rooms are available call the hotel and ask for a discounted room for the convention using Group Code ‘GFSASY’.
- Single Rooms inclusive of breakfast from £76 per night.
- Double/Twin Rooms inclusive of breakfast from £91 per night.
- All rooms and prices are subject to availability.
A credit card is required to secure your reservation and the hotel should be notified of any cancellations 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation penalty. Please note we have limited rooms at the prices above so book as early as you can.
The Hilton Birmingham Metropole is located adjacent to the NEC and is one of the Midlands most prestigious venues for business meetings and social gatherings. A modern hotel and conference centre is easily accessible by road, rail and air making it an excellent choice for events. Ideal for residential conferences, the Hilton Birmingham Metropole offers a range of luxury four star accommodation, function rooms, conference and banqueting facilities for up to 2000 delegates attending any one event all under one roof.
Directions to the hotel. The hotel is next to the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) just 8 miles from central Birmingham. With easy access to the motorway network, the hotel is 10 minutes’ drive from Birmingham International Airport. Guests flying or coming by train may use the free telephone to arrange a collection to the hotel, by courtesy bus. The bus stop is Bus Stop C and located next to the taxi rank in the bus depot. The journey to the Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel takes approximately 5 minutes. The 24-hour service runs at 30-minute intervals. Please note the courtesy bus is for attendees staying at the hotel only and must not be used as a TAXI service to and from the airport. The NEC is within a 5 to 10 minute walk from the hotel.
Parking Information Car parking is subject to availability and is on site, overflow car parking will be on NEC car parks. A charge will apply in both circumstances. Day Rate (8 hours) at the Hotel is charged at £15.00 per car, however hotel patrons pay a reduce rate per car, please check with the hotel for the exact price. Charges for the NEC car park are out of the hotels control.
Our free events include Guest Interviews & Panels over Saturday and Sunday of the event, Free Autographs, Access to the Vendors Room and Discos. For an extra charge you can also enjoy these events, a Professional Photo Studio with our guests. The Lounge, one guest and a small number of attendees together for 30-45 minutes. Tickets for these events will either be by auction or from the Ticket Office. Extra Autograph passes are also available to buy as well as exclusive limited edition black and white 10 x 8′s of our guests.
Themed Parties: The theme of our parties have now been announced. We have two parties for you over the weekend, entry is FREE to all attendees as long as you wear your event wristband.
Don’t forget to book your Hotel Bedrooms, the more hotel rooms that are sold to attendees the better our relationship is with the hotel, so if you are planning on staying why not stay in the event hotel, it may cost a little bit more but you will benefit from all the activities such as the evening parties.
We are changing the way you buy photo ops, when you receive your registration documents you may be offered a choice of available photo shoots and how much they cost, just follow the instructions in the email. If you do not receive any information you will need to buy them at the convention.
- Manned by resident Professional Photographers Onehaus Collective Ltd
- Your photo will be printed in-house on Mitsubishi professional printers
- The photos are printed on 10×8 paper and will be ready for collection by the end of the event, you need to collect your photo at the event. Uncollected photos are not posted out
- No more than TWO attendees can be in the same photo shoot.
- You get one 10×8 print, if you would like a 2nd print this can be arranged for an extra charge
- Photo Studio Sessions will be called in GROUP letter order, until your group is announced please do not queue as this causes congestion and makes it difficult for us to control crowds
- Please note all guests appear subject to professional work commitments. If a guest you book a photo shoot for has to withdraw you will be offered the choice of either the replacement guest of one of the other guests attending (excluding bonus/sponsored guests) subject to the same value
- If you prefer Photo shoots will be for sale at the convention on a first come first served basis
- You can buy a digital copy of your photo after the event by visiting our dedicated website