Want to have the best possible time at a convention? Of course you do so here are some useful tips and a few links for you to read!
- listen and take notice of any instructions given to you on the day by staff members
- make sure you bookmark our handy convention companion (hotel has free WiFi in the lounge)
- use the schedule we give you in the convention pack so you don’t miss anything
- know where everything is in the hotel so you don’t get lost
- we suggest that you wear comfortable shoes; there will be lots and lots of standing in queues for photo and autograph sessions this is a convention after all
- carry with you light snacks and a bottle of water, it will get very hot in the main hall and various areas of the convention in the winter time
- don’t carry a bag full of junk, it will slow you down, keep it in your hotel room, only bring what you need not the kitchen sink!
- if you feel ill please see a member of the hotel staff for first aid before you collapse
- join our live twitter feed when at a convention to get regular updates
- Read this excellent guide on Convention Etiquette. (In 2007 Wil Wheaton (Most famous for his role in Stand by Me and as Wesley Crusher from Star Trek TNG) posted an article on attending Conventions, be it as an attendee or as an attending guest. It’s a very good read it was a very good article on convention etiquette sadly it’s disappeared from the internet.
Don’t forget our very active social community. We have two fantastic communities on Twitter and Facebook with a joint follow ship of over 20,000 members plus you can find us on tumblr and a small but growing Google+ group. Find out more.